The cryptocurrency market is now correlated to traditional financial markets, and this has seen an increase of traders flocking to the newer asset class. With this, comes experienced traders who are used to algorithmic trading on the stock markets, and now crypto trading bots are also available to the public. These are particularly useful because the crypto market operates 24/7, unlike stock markets.
We have tested out various cryptocurrency trading bots and come up with our list of the best bots for Australian users.
#1. Bybit Exchange – Best Trading Bot in Australia
Bybit is the #1 top crypto platform in Australia, and this is due to deep liquidity, rapid trade speed, and 99.99% system functionality, along with low fees and a wide range of 220+ coins. They have recently added a free Grid Trading bot to their exchange, which is an excellent feature.
It is very easy to use, because it works directly on Bybit's site, without a need to link it to an external crypto platform via API. You can easily trade 24/7 with the automated bot, to maximise profits due to the results of a fluctuating market. Set up the grid trading bot to trade based on the criteria you select, or alternatively choose one of the most successful bots from other traders. Bybit has a leaderboard showing the best trading bots over the last 24 hours or 7 days, and you can quickly scroll through and find one that you like. If you want to use the same parameters as any of those bots, you can easily click the "Copy" button to create your own bot based on the selected one. This is very useful especially for new traders who may not know the best way to set up their own bot.
There is no fee to use the trading bots, but there is a trading fee, which can be lowered if you are a high-volume trader based on the previous 30 days. The base rate (with no discounts) is 0.1% for spot trades, and 0.01/0.06% (maker/taker) for derivatives trading.
If you want to try out your strategies before using your real funds, Bybit's Testnet platform is the ideal place to do so. Simulate trades based on live market conditions, to see how successful your strategy is, before applying it to your real bot trades, or manual trades.
Compatible Exchanges: Bybit
Price: Free trading bots, 0.1% spot trading fee, 0.01/0.06% derivatives trading fee
Key features of Bybit:
- Best Free Grid Trading Bot, on Australia's #1 crypto exchange
- FREE $10 Bitcoin when you sign up here
- Low trading fees and rapid trade speed
- Create your own bot with parameters of your choice
- Copy the most profitable bots based on the last 24 hours or 7 days
- Simple to use, no hassle with syncing bots to a compatible exchange
- Use the Testnet mode to practise your trading
- Over 220+ cryptocurrencies supported
- 24/7 customer support on hand via live chat
#2. KuCoin – Best for Beginners
KuCoin is another great choice for beginners, as it is similar to Bybit. Rather than being a standalone trading bot software, KuCoin is one of the world's largest crypto exchanges, with over 11 million users, 700+ cryptocurrencies, and FREE trading bots included. At the time of writing, there have been over 8.5 million bots created by crypto traders.
KuCoin is excellent for those who are not familiar with trading bots, because you can discuss strategies with other KuCoin users in the community, as well as copying the most successful bots from other users. This means that your bots will mimic theirs, and trade based on the same parameters.
The bots are free to use, you only need to pay for trading fees, which are only 0.1% on KuCoin. If you pay your fees using KuCoin's own token (KCS), you receive a 20% discount, so the fee is reduced to just 0.08%. To read more about KuCoin, you can see our full review here.
Compatible Exchanges: KuCoin
Price: Free trading bots, 0.1% trading fee (only 0.08% if you pay with KCS)
Key features of KuCoin:
- Free trading bots incorporated into KuCoin exchange
- Trading fees of just 0.1%, of 0.08% if you pay using KCS (KuCoin's token)
- More than 700+ coins available
- Extremely liquid platform, with over 11 million users
- Copy the most successful bots if you want to use the same parameters
Stay up to date with vital crypto news
Get the latest news straight to your inbox
#3. Pionex Exchange – 16 FREE Bots
Pionex is the best choice if you are a beginner looking for a crypto trading bot. It is a crypto exchange, with over 120+ coins to trade, and 16 FREE trading bots included!
What makes Pionex such a great option for newbies is that you don't have to worry about how to synchronise your bot with your trading platform, since it is all incorporated into the exchange. There are also numerous tutorials to help you learn about all of the different bots, so you can decide which one is best for your needs.
Another excellent point about Pionex is that it is completely free to open an account on Pionex and use any of the 16 bots. There are fees when you trade, but this is normal on any crypto trading platform, and on Pionex they are very low, at only 0.05% per trade, which is half of what KuCoin and Bybit charge.
The liquidity on Pionex is deep, since it is aggregated from Binance and Huobi, so you won't need to worry about your trades not being fulfilled in a reasonable timeframe.
Compatible Exchanges: Pionex
Price: 16 free trading bots, 0.05% trading fee
Key features of Pionex:
- Best choice for beginners, trading bots are incorporated into crypto exchange
- 16 free trading bots
- Only 0.05% trading fees
- More than 120+ cryptocurrencies supported
- Spot trading and margin trading
- MSB (Money Services Business) license by FinCEN
#4. Bitsgap - Best for Advanced Users
Bitsgap is a relatively young crypto trading bot company, launched in 2017, and is our recommendation for advanced users of trading bots. It is used by more than 500,000 traders, and almost 4 million trading bots have been created so far. Bitsgap is compatible with nearly 20 cryptocurrency exchanges, including the most popular ones, such as Bybit, KuCoin and Binance, with the full list below.
One feature that makes Bitsgap stand out from the competition is their Demo mode. If you are new to bot trading, we recommend you use the Demo mode first; it teaches you how the bots work in real-world market conditions, without risking your own money. Once you are comfortable and have practised in the Demo mode, you can easily transition to a real trading bot, and execute your strategy with your own money and crypto.
Another excellent feature of Bitsgap is that smart trading features can be activated on any of the compatible trading platforms, even if that exchange itself does not have that particular feature. As an example, pretend you choose a crypto trading platform without "Trailing" functionality. When you connect the exchange to Bitsgap via API, the Trailing smart trading feature will be accessible.
Bitsgap is very safe, using multi-factorial security measures including 2FA and RSA 2048 encryption to ensure customers' data is always protected. See the full list of Bitsgap's security features here.
- Basic, 2 bots: $29 USD/mth (just $23/mth when you purchase 12 mths)
- Advanced, up to 5 bots, futures bots, trailing up & down for bots: $69 USD/mth (just $55/mth when you purchase 12 mths)
- Maximum, up to 20 bots, futures bots, trailing up & down for bots, take profit for bots: $149 USD/mth (just $119/mth when you buy 12 mths)
- 7 day free trial
- 20% discount if you purchase 12-month package
Key features of Bitsgap:
- Automated trading with Grid bots, DCA bots, and Futures bots
- Choose from pre-made trading strategies based on successful backtest results
- Analyse your detailed bot statistics to see how you can improve results
- Demo mode with real market conditions, to practise risk-free
- Take Profit, Stop Loss and Price Trailing features
- Cloud-based bots are active 24/7, even when you are not online
- High-end encryption to keep your data and information safe
CryptoHopper is another top crypto trading bot, packed with features such as a tool that can help you create your own strategy. There are more than 130 indicators you can use to set the perfect parameters for your trading bot, and if you like, you can even Copy Trade, which is also known as Mirror Trading. What this involves is either copying another trader's bot exactly, or using one of CryptoHopper's pre-set templates.
While CryptoHopper is simple to use, and great for newcomers, it is also targeted at experienced traders, with plenty of signals available, both free and paid. It is easy to combine various signals using CryptoHopper's technical indicators, so you can have extremely precise and customised bots, set just to your requirements.
CryptoHopper also includes a Paper Trading feature, which is a way for you to test out your trading bots without using real money. This is great for beginners who want to try out how bot trading works, as well as for advanced traders who want to simulate their new trading strategy before risking their own funds.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance, Binance.US, Bitfinex, Bittrex, Bitvavo, Coinbase Pro, HitBTC, Huobi, Kraken, KuCoin, OKX, Poloniex
- Pioneer Package, minimal features for portfolio management and manual trading: FREE
- Explorer Package (Starter package): $19 USD/mth (7 day free trial)
- Adventurer Package (Trader Plus package): $49 USD/mth
- Hero Package (Pro Trader package): $99 USD/mth
Key features of CryptoHopper:
- Exchange arbitrage
- Algorithm intelligence
- Copy Trading
- Strategy designer
- Paper Trading available
Coinrule makes our list of the best crypto trading bots because of its simplicity, security, and compatibility with the best crypto exchanges. It is easy to create an automated trading strategy with Coinrule, as there are over 150+ rules that you can use, or you can build your own if you prefer.
The Demo trading feature allows users to try out their bots to ensure everything is working as expected, before setting it with your real funds. It is great for beginners and advanced traders alike.
It is also free to get started if you want to test if you like Coinrule, before upgrading to the paid packages with more bots and higher trade volumes. With the extensive educational section available, even new crypto traders will quickly understand complex trading strategies, and be able to trade confidently, without any need for coding.
Compatible Exchanges: Bitpanda Pro, Bitstamp, Bittrex, Coinbase Pro, HitBTC, Kraken, Liquid, OKX, Poloniex
- Starter, 2 Live Rules, 7 template strategies, up to $3k monthly trade volume: FREE
- Hobbyist, 7 Live Rules, 40 template strategies, up to $300k monthly trade volume, and more: $29.99 USD/month
- Trader, 15 Live Rules, unlimited template strategies, up to $3M monthly trade volume, and more: $59.99 USD/month
- Pro, 50+ Live Rules, unlimited template strategies, unlimited trade volume, and much more: $449.99 USD/month
Key features of Coinrule:
- Plenty of live rules and template strategies
- Simple IFTTT (If-this-then-that) template
- Demo exchange, where you can try your bots without risking real money
- Helpful trading community to discuss strategies and tips with others
- Educational material available on website and Youtube channel
Trality excels as a crypto trading bot for experienced users who are interested in creating personalised bots. It is easy to use, for both newbies and advanced crypto traders, and you can create however many bots you wish. Every bot that you create can be used on various strategies and multiple trading pairs. If you wish to make some passive income from a bot that you have created, you can even rent it out on the marketplace at Trality. If on the other hand, you are new to bots, and need some guidance on how to get started, you can choose to copy other bots that you find on the marketplace.
Trality has various tools on offer to their users, and for the experienced developers, there is even a Code Editor, Python API functionality, as well as a debugger, libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Tulip and Talib, and several templates that can get you on your way.
Trality is a secure platform, and encryption ensures your trading strategies are hidden and your funds safe.
Compatible Exchanges: Binance, Binance.US, Bitpanda Pro, Coinbase Pro, FTX, Kraken
- Pawn, 1 bot, up to €5,000 trading volume/mth: FREE
- Knight, 2 bots, up to €25,000 trading volume/mth: €9.99/month
- Rook, 5 bots, up to €250,000 trading volume/mth: €39.99/month
- Queen, 10 bots, unlimited trading volume/mth: €59.99/month
- 20% Discount if you purchase a 12-month plan
Key features of Trality:
- Create personalised bots with the basic Rule Builder (no coding required) or Python Code Editor (developers)
- Extremely fast backtesting
- Create bots, backtest, paper trade, and live trade from the same interface
- Rent out bots on Trality marketplace to earn passive income
- Copy bots from Trality marketplace if you are unsure where to start
- No software to download, easy log-in from your web browser